Friday, May 22, 2009

What does this mean?

This morning, I woke up at about 5am. I had a flight to Santiago de Compostella booked that departed at 8am. This had cost me some money (a few tens of pounds) a few months back. As it happened, I imagined climbing out of bed, the struggle through various means of transport to Stansted airport, security lines, flying through the need for more sleep, a bus into town at the Spanish end, and then finding and checking into a hotel.

At that point I decided to roll over and fall back to sleep. I now quite considerably regret this, as if I had done everything correctly, I would now be sitting in a tapas bar with some jamon iberico and a glass of red wine, or perhaps admiring a cathedral.

On the other hand, what does this mean? Possibilities.

  • I am finally growing up.
    I am depressed.
    I am ill.


  • On the other hand, I do genuinely regret this. I will get up and make the plane next time.

    On the other hand, if I meet the love of my life at the party on Saturday night that I wouldn't have been able to go to if I were in Galicia, I guess it will make a good story.

    (Sorry RSSers).

    3 comments:

    6000 said...

    I was going to say that you don't know what you've got until you lose it, but coming from Oz, you'll recognise that I'm so envious that you can just turn down a short haul flight like that.
    And that you slept in past 5am.

    Good luck at the party. Pressure's on now.

    Michael said...

    Well, it was a moment of weakness. I remain quite annoyed with myself in retrospect.

    Anonymous said...

    It happens to us at times. Do not be annoyed with yourself. Keep blogging!

    This is Joshua from Israeli Uncensored News

    Blog Archive