Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Frustration

I had a couple of interviews today, for a really good job. I thought I did really well on the first one, but on the second I did less well. I didn't do a terribly great job of answering some questions on differential equations I should have done a better job of answering. (This was stuff I knew well a decade ago, but on which I was rusty, and I didn't start thinking clearly until the end - and of course the answer to one of the questions popped into my mind fifteen minutes after the end of the interview). What I managed to avoid doing was panic and start talking really fast as I have been known to do in the past. (The worst thing you can do in such circumstances is show fear, and at least I didn't do that). Still, I don't think I will get any further with this job. (Of course, I don't yet know).

Damn. I think I really got close.

No comments:

Blog Archive