Sunday, May 02, 2004

I'm back in London

Modern air travel is truly miraculous. A couple of hours ago I was walking down Kings Road Chelsea. A typical London scene. Red double decker buses, English shops. You name it. However, on Friday I was having lunch with some friends in a restaurant with a lovely view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Between my being in the two places there is a kind of discontinuity - 24 hours of sitting in the back of cramped Boeing 747s. There is a memory of eating a bowl of Japanese noodles actually in Japan in the middle of it somewhere too. But the fact that two opposite ends of the earth lie at the end of the 24 hour discontinuity is quite amazing.

I need to sleep. More blogging when I wake up. (I have my laptop fixed and returned to me, which is a fine thing).

No comments:

Blog Archive