Saturday, October 18, 2003

Nodal points of the global communications system

I am in Penzance in the far South-West corner of England. I have come to Cornwall mainly to go to the Museum of Submarine Telegraphy (which Neal Stepehenson talks about here) and also to look out from one of the furthest corners of England (and indeed Europe). I just rode down the entire length of Brunel's Great Western Railway (with the exception of the bit from Exeter to Plymoth, which is having trackwork), but I did go over the beautiful Saltash Bridge at Plymouth.

This is an overdue trip. I have been meaning to do it for 18 months, but my attempts to get friends to come too have failed. So I have now come by myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Although Meyer and Rado have each fallen into relative neglect, their interaction not only was a crucial part of the schisms in American analysis in the 1930s and 1940s, but represented an important juncture in the history of the relationship between medicine, academic psychiatry and psychoanalysis in North America. Meyer's powerful influence was thus an essential component of Rado's attempts to rewrite psychoanalytic theory and terminology wholesale


----------------------
Angelinjones

ferry to france

Blog Archive