Thursday, March 20, 2003

Gas Alerts and the Like

I am watching war coverage on Sky News, the British 24 hour news network that belongs to Rupert Murdoch. I do not have satellite or cable television, but I do have digital terrestrial, which gives me about 40 channels. Sadly, these do not include any of the US based news channels, but they do include 24 hour news channels from Sky, the BBC, and ITV. I am with Iain Murray in thinking that Sky is pretty good. At the moment we are watching various alerts in Kuwait City telling people to put on their gas masks and go into the basement of their hotel, by the stairs and not the lift. The journalists are commenting that drills are one thing, but actually seeing people get out of a lift wearing gas masks makes you pretty afraid.

No comments:

Blog Archive